Catching up

Thursday, June 27, 2013

I've had a bit of a writer's block the past few days. I've just simply felt like there's really nothing to write about as I do the same things every single day. I am however writing a bigger post about something that is a very big part of my life (and everyone else's who's losing weight) - stay tuned.

I've been talking about signing up at Fitness First with my other half for a while now. I just really want to go and speak to a personal trainer who'd have the proper knowledge about exercising, I really want to get a personalised workout plan that would support my spine AND get me toned. I have a rough idea but it's just better to get a professional to help you sometimes. Shouldn't be long and we will sign up, as I am burning to go and I'm really getting my other half into the idea as well. He used to go to the gym a lot when he was younger, but nowadays his work keeps him quite fit so he hasn't really had the need to go.



And seriously oh my god what is happening to my calves?! They just keep getting bigger and bigger. And then just to make them look even bigger, I've lost every single bit of fat from the rest of the leg. My ankles are ridiculously tiny. I'm going to start feeling all lopsided soon. All I'm really doing at the moment is walking as I'm trying to avoid high impact workouts, you just wouldn't think that it'd have such a huge impact on your muscles.

I just to rant a bit as well. I read this Finnish forum that seems to be full of 12-16 year old girls. I constantly see threads pop up about fitness / losing weight / eating healthy, and I just want to cry every time I open one. I mean I'm not an expert but I've got a fair amount of knowledge about healthy living so I can quite happily say I know what I'm talking about. Anyways. It really worries me how little all these girls know about losing weight healthily. They overload themselves with five different types of exercise per day, eat way below 1000 calories a day, eat junk instead of proper food or just in general have so little clue. The internet is full of useful and accurate information about all this. Sure, you get some clashing information but I think that's just a part of the fun - read everything you come across, think about it, question it, read different fitness forums, talk to people... Your options are limitless. Just don't be silly and starve yourselves.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Holy smokes that's some calf muscle you've got there!! On the bright side, at least it's muscle that you're adding!! You should be proud of them! They look awesome!!

    You should post a few pictures of you flexing them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! I'll keep your request in mind! :D

      Delete